How to get Manager in O365 Workflow?

• 11 November 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Leave request are never approved by the 'administrator account', but this is the account used in all examples..

Create a Leave Request Workflow in Nintex Workflow for Office 365

It seems there is no way to get 'the manger of the initiator' (like you would do in Nintex Workflow 2010/2013).... 

Can someone explain why this feature is missing?  I'm guessing this value could be retrieved using the Exchange Online EWS managed API?
I will have a very unhappy customer if this can't be done... Do I need to build it myself or is there a specific limitation that I'm missing?.

tnx

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi Maarten,

Can you please check below link if it helps?

https://community.nintex.com/message/1629#1629

Thanks

Shirin

Badge +4

This might be a solution we could try, but SOAP webservices is soooo 2003 wink.png and Microsoft wil depricate it in the future,

Since 2 weeks we have the "App Step action" in Nintex for o365 so it might be better to query the SharePoint API from an (impersonized) App Step. The best way to get the user profile property (manager field) would probably be using the  (last week extended) CSOM API, right?

SharePoint user profile properties now writable with CSOM -

I'm pretty sure Nintex will add the 'query for manager' feature in a future release, so I would like to know from the product team if developing our own solution is the right move (My customer needs to go use this solution in 3 weeks).

Badge +4

This would be an easy 'no code' solution.

Badge +4

With the new Query User Profile Action this problem is solved New Release! Nintex Workflow and Forms for Office 365, and Nintex Mobile