K2 Designer for Visual Studio 2010

Badge +3

Hello all

One of our boxes has Visual Studio 2010 and K2 for Visual Studio 2010. Yesterday we ran the K2 blackpearl setup manager. Since then, we lost K2 specific menu items in Visual Studio. We don't have deploy menu item on the tool bar.

When I tried to reset the settings from tools -> imports and export settings -> reset to k2 settings, I got an error.

Also, I don't see Create Deployment package menu item when I right click the project node in solution explorer.

Has any one seen this kind of issue?

My versions are:

K2 for visual studio core 4.5 with an update KB1290

K2 for Visual Studio 2010 4.5 with an update of KB1290.

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +10

Sounds like you are running into a known issue with 4.5 and update 1290.  This is described here at:  http://help.k2.com/en/KB001245.aspx

The workaround with screenshots are shown in the kb article.

Badge +3

Thank you Tim.

That did not fix my error. Not sure why.

Another thing I noticed just now is that when I tried to deploy the workflow I got the following error:

This connection string cannot be found in the current environment settings, and as such, the project may not deploy correctly.

Badge +10

Ok.  If you've double checked that you followed the steps in the article exactly and shut down and restrated VS 2010 then I would log a ticket with K2 support.

For the other issue with the deployment error I would check which enviornment you are connected to and ensure that all of the environment variables for that environment has the correct connection settings. 

Badge

Hi,

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution ?