Form priority of Rules

• 29 September 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

I have a disabled panel that I want to show based on a specific condition. HOWEVER, within that panel, i have a number of controls that I want to be permanently disabled (by using a Disable rule with the value true).

The problem is, when the parent panel becomes enabled when the specific condition is met, then ALL the internal controls become enabled as well REGARDLESS of the Always Disabled rule!

I tried changing the order of rules to have one before/after the other, I even moved the one to the top of the rules and the other to the bottom and vice versa, but still nothing!

Is there another way I can enforce the Disabled rule to always have priority regardless of panel inheritance??

3 replies

Badge +7

Did you try disabling your fileds with the properties, instead of rule ?

You could use "Enabled = Expression".

Badge +6

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion, I need to try it!

Are you sure that the values of the disabled fields (that I'm setting from JavaScript) will be saved to SharePoint however? I think I noticed something like that in the past...

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I would try making 'always disabled' rule(s) dependent on the control that drives showing/hiding of panel. that way 'always disabled' rule(s) will be reevaluated with every control's change as well.

as well place 'always disabled' rule(s) below the showing/hiding ones in rule pane.