Problem when calling Save method of SmartObjectClientServer.ExecuteScalar

• 8 April 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

We have recently deployed a new process in K2 and are getting errors when the users submit the front end .aspx page.

The error only occurs when either of 2 fields contain Decimal values - Integers work fine.
I check the related SQL table and saw that the SQL data types were set up as BIGINT which kinda explains the reason for the error.

So I changed the data type to Decimal(18,2) in the SQL table, but the problem is still there.

Now, I must explain that my knowledge of K2 is extremely limited (pretty much end user administrative functions). Our 1 and only experienced develoer is on vacation for most of April!

Can anyone suggest as to what I can possibly do to fix the problem? It's almost as if despite the SQL data types are now correct, when calling the Save method it is only expecting Integers only. Does soemthing else need to be updated (other than the SQL data types), and if so, what do I need to do?

Thanks

Gary

3 replies

Badge +9

Might sound like a silly question but did you update the field type in SmartObject definition to use Decimal and deploy the change?

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply Johnny....

No, I haven't updated the SmartObject definition - in fact, I wouldn't even know how to go about doing this.
I do rememmber our developer showing me a long time ago.

Is this done in the K2 Workspace or in Visual Studio? If it is the latter, then I guess that I would need to K2 plugin for VS (something that I do not have)as well as having the current version of the code.

Badge +9

This should be done in one of your project files.  I would suggest checking with your developer as it sounds like you aren't too familiar with the setup (which can be dangerous).