Approve a Request (without the link)

• 22 November 2016
  • 9 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +11

Hello

Sorry about the not reasonable title but I will explain in more details here.

Basically, I have a Doc. Library where I created a workflow which runs when a form request has been raised.

The form status remains Pending until it has been approved.

The Workflow process sends out an notification email to the relevant approver with a link leading to the Approval Page.

The problem is that, once the user deletes the email notification > there is not a simple way of approving it.

My question is how to implement it so the Approver can approve it directly from : (see below)

I also tried the Content Approval > Require content approval for submitted items? > YES

which enables the a Approve/Reject button in the ribbon but it does not work / interact with the actual workflow.

I am confused sad.png 

9 replies

Badge +16

if your user selects the workflow status column (hyperlink that normally says "In progress" they will see outstanding workflow tasks.

Or you can add the nintex workflow approval tasks web part to your homepage where users will be able to see all their outstanding workflow tasks.

Badge +11

Nintex workflow approval tasks web part
Never seen this one ... let me check.

Badge +11

will this WebPart only show the pending requests to the relevant approver only?!
without seeing any other pending approvals for other managers.

Badge +16

requires site collection feature Nintex Workflow 2013 Web Parts

Badge +16

yes targeted to the logged on user and can be scoped as site/site collection/farm happy.png

Badge +11

Cassy Freeman  that works great actually happy.png thank you.  The only drawback is that the STATUS column remains empty and does not show the status of the relevant request. Any ideas?

Badge +16

Which status?  Can you put some screenshots in?

Badge +11

This is the result. and if I untick the "show status" for some reason the time elapsed shifts to the left and the initiator as well.

Badge

Hi all

Thank you very much for this answer, it fixes a problem I've had!   Status doesn't show up for me either but that's something I can work on later.

Cheers

Kevin