Using outcome to drive next destination users

• 10 March 2016
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

How can I give a user choices between outcomes and the selected outcome becomes the destination user in the next activity in the process? 

For example, I have a projess where in Step 1, a person needs to decide if the project is assiged to Chris, Don or Steve.Then, whoever the project is assigned to in Step 1, needs to be the Destination user in Step 2. What is the easiest way to accommodate this? 

Is there a way to handle this that won't require the re-deployment of this process if my project assignment option change in the future? 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Here are some steps hopin to lead u to the solution ,

first off , u need to create a data field in ur k2 studio workflow , name it DestinationUser for example ,

and for step 2 activity configuration , set the destination from the data field DestinationUser ,

Then on ur step 1 Form , that u action to go to step 2 , add a picker that searchs for the users , so user on step 1 will choose the user name ,

and on ur submit button that "action worklist item" , configure this rule and send the username from picker to the workflow datafield ,

in this way , step 1 will send username to workflow  datafield , and the datafield will be used as destination for step 2 ,

Hope it helps!

Regards.