Workflow Instance not Sending any emails

• 27 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have found a strange issue with one of my workflow instance. I like to know how can I troubleshoot this issue ?

This one particular instance of the workflow does not seems to be sending emails whenever the task gets assigned to the user. However, other instances of same workflow are sucessfully sending emails to same set of users. 

I checked on the workflow viewflow diagram, also looked Error profiles, the workflow seems to be working fine without any errors.

How do I troubleshoot this issue ? Is there any place where K2 generates logs for the emails ?

Thanks in Advance.

3 replies

Badge +10

Start sending email to a hardcoded email address.

Check the Configuration Installation, perhaps is not sending emails at all.

You can actually send email from:

View Method

Form Method

Workflow Method.

Assuming that your configurations settings are correct, you should be able to send email from all 3.

Now keep in mind, if you try to use AD people selector, sometimes the class for Workflow Email is not smart enough to resolve back the email address when something is selected like Display Name instead of Account or Email.

Good Luck, hope this helps.

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply. Ok so the emails eventually got sent but after 24 hours of delay. I am still figuring where this delay occured. Is there any place in K2 to check this ? Our exchange person is very sure that he did not see any emails hold up in a exchange queue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

K2 uses MSMQ when handling task notifications; perhaps there is a backlog of items.  If this is a development/test server, perhaps try purging the queue (if it is backlogged), restarting the service and retesting:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731583(v=ws.10).aspx

If there are a lot of process instances running/starting that that are tasks notification heavy, that may result in MSMQ resources issues:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/johnbreakwell/2006/09/18/insufficient-resources-run-away-run-away/