Unable to Save Nintex Workflow

Badge +1

I hope someone can help ...

We are getting this error message when saving a workflow:

This is what I see in the ULS Logs:

System.ArgumentException: urlOfFile  Parameter name: Specified value is not supported for the urlOfFile parameter.    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileCollection.get_Item(String urlOfFile)     at Nintex.Workflow.WorkflowRepository.NameInUse(String workflowName, Guid listId, WorkflowType& workflowType)     at Nintex.Workflow.ApplicationPages.SetName.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.LayoutsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls.NintexLayoutsBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at Nintex.Workflow.ApplicationPages.SetName.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 

Deleting the empty folders in the hidden NintexWorkflows library in the site does not solve the problem ... Any ideas?

We have SharePoint 2013 and Nintex Workflow Enterprise 2013

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Gilbert Bonifacio

have a look at this Nintex support article. Hopefully will help.

1. Deactivate the workflow feature

2. Remove the nintex workflows library

3. Reactivate the feature

Error "Column 'NintexWorkflowID' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user" Publishing Workflow - Nintex … 

nintex workfow‌ publishing issue‌ publishing error‌ soap:serverserver‌

Badge +1

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  I did saw that article earlier when I was looking for a solution.

I tried that and it did not solve the problem. sad.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

can I suggest you export the workflow. Delete the workflow. Create a new workflow and import the workflow and try and publish it again?

hopefully this will work

Badge +1

Hello Paul,

I am trying to save a new workflow that simply sends an email and no other actions.  This is on a new List in a New Site.

So in short - there is no workflow to export because I cannot even create one. sad.png

On the same site collection, there are other sites/sub-sites that doesn't have this problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Gilbert 

i have found these articles that may help.

https://community.nintex.com/message/20944?commentID=20944#comment-20944 

Is it possible to delete the site completely and try again?

if not I think your best course of action is to contact nintex support. They will be able to help more than I can I think. Definitely recommend you using the proper support channel.