Make Fill in Choice required when selected

• 19 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

Dear All,

I want to make mandatory when they select please specify a value(fill-in choice field). by default the field is options, only when they select specify a value, then it should be mandatory.

19781i634A80DC2A4BD5C1.png

Regards,

7 replies

Badge +5

Dear All,

Can't be done????????????????????????

Huge forum, expecting at least one response please.............

Hi Raman,

You should be able to do this quite easily with a Rule in the form. 

Simply create a rule that says the below:

If("SpecifyYourOwnValue.Toggle" = Yes, "SmallTextBox.Required" = Yes, SmallTextBox.Required" = No)

You should be able to recreate this rule in the form and that should do what you need.

Thanks,

Conrad

Badge +5

@ConradWilkie20 

Do i have to change anything in the above rule?

What are these SpecifyYourOwnValue & SmallTextBox?

I don't think these are named controls.

Regards,

Hi Raman,

You will need to replicate the syntax rule I wrote into the Nintex Form Rules. See this article below how to do so.

Creating a validation rule in Classic and Responsi... - Nintex Community

Hope this helps.

Conrad

Badge +5

@ConradWilkie20 

I know how to write a rule in nintex forms.

And for your information, single line text box is not a separate field, it is an input field when enable allow fill-in choice in the choice field settings.

Regards,

Hi Raman,

The link I provided should direct you how to construct the rule you need to validate the field when the toggle has been selected. 

I don't know what you have named your form controls so I just created my own generic form control names. You simply have to follow the guidance in the link provided. 

Thanks,

Conrad.

Badge +5

@ConradWilkie20 

By default the choice feild is not mandatory, only when user selects "please specify your own value",  then the filll-in choice is required.

Regards,