Error. The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: addresses

• 6 October 2009
  • 9 replies

Badge +9

Hi all, i have created a workflow in which i have an infopath client event and im using Roles(having 2 users) provided in Advanced Mode -> Plan Per Destination 'All at Once' -> I have checked "Create a slot for each destinations" and "Resolve all roles and groups to users". Now in the client event activity, i have added a mail event in which i have provided 'Destination User' checkbox checked shown in image.

. This is working fine. But i need the below implementation.
i.e. Plan per Destination -> All at once -> "Create a slot for each destination" and "Create a Slot for each role and group". When i use this option, i am getting the below error. "The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: addresses"
Any help.

16221i898E6DCD4F9E852C.bmp

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

When you start the process, with what account are you logged in? Make sure the account used has a valid email address. This error normally occurs when an Originator is used in a mail event with no or an invalid email address.

vernon

Badge +9

The same account which has all the rights and its a valid email address and i tested by sending n recieving mails. I am not using the Originator option here in mail event.

Could u tell me how to get 'Role' onto 'To' textbox field in mail event. I tried but im unable to drag the Role.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

At this moment in time it is not possible to use a Role in the "to" field. the reason is it doesn't get resolved to users. This is howerver logged with K2 as a feature request. When you plenned your destination, did you check the resolve all groups and roles to users?

vernon

Badge +9

yes i tried with 'Resolve all Roles and Groups to users' option and i have checked 'Destination User' checkbox checked and its working fine. But i need 'Create a Slot for each role and group' option for our scenario. I can check 'Destination User' check box. when i deploy and test it,its giving the 'The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: addresses' error. for the destinations,i have used Role which has 2 authenticated users. What could be the cause for this error.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

So you are using a Role as a destination? What version of BlackPearl are you running? Is this by any chance an escalation mail? Exactly when does the error surface, when doing what? What you can try is enable the K2 server logging and in the logs you can check what user / role is getting passed through, and maybe some errors to shed some light on the issue. Another option would be to log a ticket with K2 Support for investigation.

vernon

Badge +9

Yes i am using Role as destination and i am using 0807(4.8210.2.0), this is not an escalation mail.

Can u tell me how to enable k2server logging.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

The following link provides a basic how to enable logging:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2007/10/06/how-do-i-use-logging-in-k2-blackpearl.aspx

In the HostServerLogging.config file, change the following:

key="IncludeStackTrace" value="False" /> change False to True

Recreate the issue and post the errors, if any.

vernon

Badge +11

You could create a SmartObject that uses the built-in URM service to resolve the role to a list of users email addresses.  Then you could use that SmartObject on the To: line of your email.

Badge +9

hey thats gr8 david, thanks a lot. i was working for the past 7days and finally got resolved...thanks