Not applicable

Lookup lookup of nintex not filtering using nintex's calculated value

i have a nintex form in 2013.

I have a calculated value which pulls information from a list field of type lookup.

Formuale:

lookup("MyList","AccountName",CurrentUser,"SupplierName")

Here the "SupplierName" is a field of type lookup field in SharePoint. I am able to retrieve the value and see its output. But it is pulling the value in the format as : {ITEM ID};#{ITEMVALUE}

Example screen output for the calculated value:

1;#Supplier1

I tried to use the substring function and get the required "SupplierName" as Supplier1 with out the <Item ID> and supporting character sepearation.

But when i use this calculated value on a list lookup to filter, it is not filtering the values.

Can anybody suggest what could be the reason for it?

 

I tried to hardcode the value for the filter in the list lookup as "1:#Supplier" and there the values are getting populated as expected.

 

What could be the reason here for not filter using another control?

 

 

Any help is appreciable.

0 Kudos
Reply
3 Replies
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: Lookup lookup of nintex not filtering using nintex's calculated value

Have you tried to set a formula control and then use it on the lookup?

0 Kudos
Reply
Not applicable

Re: Lookup lookup of nintex not filtering using nintex's calculated value

Thanks, my formula is written inside to the formula control of calculated value.

Is there any separate formula control available in nintex from the "Forms control pane". I couldn't see a separate control exclusive for it.

Even i tried to set the formuale in a global variable and push it to my filter condition in list lookup field; but there also it failed to bring the results.

Though i can copy the same formula for my list lookup filed. Internally it will not identify the formula like lookup("MyList","AccountName",CurrentUser,"SupplierName") this is where i get stuck.

0 Kudos
Reply
skratsch
Canvas Initiate

Re: Lookup lookup of nintex not filtering using nintex's calculated value

I ran into this same issue and spent quite a bit of time trying to make it work. I've found that list lookups will not filter based on a calculated value. Here's the only way I was able to get around the issue, without knowing the specifics of what you're trying to do I don't know if this is an option for you or not.

I was trying to filter a list of  Business Areas based on the Application selected in a previous drop down. I've created a separate list of applications.

I then created a list of Business Areas for each Application.

The key to making the filtering work was to set the Application column to a Lookup type that links to the Application list. This way when the Business Area list is filtered on the form it is able to filter according to the Application as the lists are already linked.

In the Business Area list lookup control settings on the form, I filtered by a control's value selecting the Application control and the AppName field from the Business Area list.

0 Kudos
Reply