Can nintex task form support the reuse of same form?

• 12 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Can nintex task form support the reuse of same form? Now we need to change each task form when add some fields.

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi,

inside a single workflow you can reuse the same task form. You do this by creating your task action (e. g. "assign flexi task") and designing your form. When your form is finished you copy the whole action (in this case the "assing flexi task" action) to the workflow path where you want to reuse this form.

Both tasks will now share the same form. If you edit one of the tasks in workflow designer and try to change the form, nintex workflow will give you the information, that you are about to edit a shared form. If you click "cancel" in the dialog, you will be able to edit the shared form. If you click "ok" you will create an individual form for this task and the connection to the other form is gone.

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +1

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for your helpful answer very much and now I have solved my previous problem with your guide. But I am sorry that I have another question that is it possible to reuse the create form (the form used for adding item) in workflow? Although we return the request to the initiator whose form is same as the create's, we still change twice. I will be appreciated that if you could tell me the best practice of developing the form of the list and the workflow (create form, resubmit form, approval form etc.)?

Cheers,

Shawn

Badge +11

Hi Shawn,

it's not possible to simply reuse the newItem-form from your list. In your task form you normally have a link to the item that the workflow is running on, which brings your user to the viewForm of the item.

However, you can also show the item directly on the task form. Just use a "List Item" control, to display the properties of the item inside your task form and configure it to show the current item. Another possibility is to recreate the important parts of your newItem-form inside the task forms. However, depending on the size of your item form, this can be quite a lot to do.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +1

Hi Philipp,

We'll try it and thanks for your patient answers which saves our much time in it!

Cheers,

Shawn