Can Blackpearl and K2.net 2003 coexist?

• 12 January 2011
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

I have a big, complex app developed in K2.net 2003 that has more than 4000 active instances, and many of these will remain active for 2 or more years.

I've been tasked with rewriting this application in Blackpearl. It will be somewhat different, so I won't be able to migrate the existing app. It will use a separate K2 server and a separate sharepoint farm. However, I was hoping I might be able to create a dashboard page on the new farm that could also house the K2.net 2003 tasklist webpart so that I could give users 'one-stop shopping' to get to their assigned tasks without having to manually go to a separate system.

Is this possible?

2 replies

Badge +3

Hi Steve,

I just want to understand your question 100%, do you want to run K2.net and Blackpearl on the same environment?

>Please reference the following.

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/jmonty/archive/2009/04/02/migrating-to-k2-blackpearl-vb-net-support-in-k2-blackpearl-processes.aspx

Kind regards,

Brink

Badge +8

Hi Brink,

Short answer: no. We are running them in separate Sharepoint farms. I just want to be able to add the K2.net 2003 tasklist webpart to the SP2007 site for Blackpearl, so both 2003 and blackpearl tasklists will show.