Can I access workflow tasks from Nintex Live?

• 6 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have created a custom workflow for a process at my work and I have run into an issue.  The workflow creates several tasks for users to complete (not approval).  The issue I am having is that I have a user who is not on our network that will need to complete the tasks to continue the workflow.  I've modified the custom content type for the task using Nintex Forms and I have published it to Nintex Live, but I can't seem to figure out what ID I would need to pass to open the workflow task form in Live.  Is this even possible to do?  

I thought about changing the task to an Approval task and seeing if I could do something with Lazy Approval, but before I went down this path, I wanted to see if there were any other options or ways to accomplish the task.

Thanks,

Charles Ralston

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You won't reliably be able to assign a task to someone who does not have account within your Sharepoint environment, because they are going to need certain permissions in order to complete the task itself.  Passing the correct ID would only be the first hurdle that I can think of in this instance.  Do you mind if I close this question out?

Badge +9

Hi ‌, did you find a solution to your question? We're looking to do something similar.