value blank when using 'created' fields

• 30 December 2015
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Good day,

I want to do something really simple; display the created by and created date on a form.  Now I understand that these most likely do not populate until after you submit the form, and that is fine.  But even after I submit the form I do not see any values in the calculated fields for either one.  Is there something special I am not doing?

Forms 2013 Version 2.7.0.0
SharePoint 2013

Thanks,

Jennifer

6 replies

Badge +7

Hi Jennifer,

I've had a quick look at this and I've pasted the screenshots of the control settings below, this works ok for me but please let me know if you're still getting problems with it.

161847_pastedImage_0.png

161848_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Jan

Badge +8

Probably your "recalculate on view mode" is set to "no". Try changing it to "yes" and try again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Jennifer, can you send screenshots of how you configured your calculated values and of your form in edit mode?

Note that the following worked fine for me.  If I opened the form in Edit mode, then the values were displayed properly (but they were blank in View Mode, since I had "recalculate on view mode" set to No.)  I did not use the formatDate function and the "Created" date was still displayed (in Edit mode). 

162488_pastedImage_0.png

162489_pastedImage_1.png

162490_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +8

What the issue seemed to be is that it can't put the created by/created date until the form is saved. So in essences there was nothing to display because it hadn't been submitted yet.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Gotcha - I thought you said that the problem occurred "even after I submit the form", meaning if you went back into the form after it was saved the first time.

Badge +8

Yes, it was happening like that. I guess i needed to 'edit' the form and then it worked. So i just used the workflow to set the field instead.