I created an App, but now how do I connect it to a Workflow? I'm new to this and need help!

• 26 April 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I'm in the process of building my first Nintex Mobile App. I named it, added the email groups, the emails came in fine. Now what do I do? I'd like for the mobile user to be able to start a Nintex workflow using a simple Nintex Form. I did receive instructions on how to download it since I added my name to the email list for testing purposes. So what are my next steps? Should I have built a form and workflow first? How do I connect the app to the workflow? I've been looking around online and Nintex sites, but can't seem to find any details. Help!!!

2 replies

Badge +16

‌ - Hi!

Are you using Nintex Mobile App Studio?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Gail Hemby‌,

in general you should start creating your form or workflow first.

A typical scenario is having a list with a form and a workflow bound to the list, that is started automatically when new items come in.

Two things have to be done:

1. You need to set up your lists forms mobile settings in the form settings:

202731_pastedImage_1.png

You can - and should - give your form a specific title and description and should put it in a named category like "Intranet Forms" or something.

2. you need to create a form layout for Nintex Mobile Phone and / or Nintex Mobile Tablet. You can find them in the ribbon of your form designer

202732_pastedImage_2.png

Don't mix it up with the layout "Smart Phone", you need to create and publish the ones labeled with "Nintex Mobile"

Design these and publish them.

Afterwards it depends on which Nintex Mobile App you use.

The free Nintex Mobile App will display the form ones you reload all the forms after opening the app (swipe the forms view). It will show you the Nintex Mobile Phone or Tablet view. By submitting the form it will create an item in the list. Your workflow (if you have one) should start automatically if it is set up correctly.

If you use Nintex App Studio it will behave the same way except if you told it to only show specific forms. If you set up your app to only show specific forms you will have to do the following:

1. go back to forms designer and your form

2. export the form

3. go back to Nintex App Studio

4. Modify your app

5. upload the form you exported. The app studio should now show your form

6. rebuild and deploy your app

202733_pastedImage_3.png

Hope this helps,

Enrico