List limitation

I have a SharePoint list where students can subscribe to exam sessions every tuesday and thirsday.

How can I authorize them to subscribe on these two days only?

How can I limit the number of students per session to maximum 24?

Thank you!

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHatza 

Pls have a look at this.

Solved: How can I limit the number of items submitted to a... - Nintex Community

It's very complicated... Is there an easier way to do it please?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHatza 

Which implementations is complicated for you? Why is it complicated?

How much did you read and understood or not understand?

The Master List and the Events List is perhaps a SP centric method.

The easiest way is to go manual (e.g. paper). Print a sheet with 24 rows for Students to fill in their names. Make multiple copies. Release one copy on Tues and one copy on Thurs

It has to be online, not manually. I was thinking of something like this.

Into the nintex form, the student select a date. When the date is selected, the form counts the number of item of the list for the selected date and displays a text into the form "xx/24 rooms already booked for this date". If the number of items is over 24, the form displays "no more rooms available for this date" and the submit button is disactivated.

Is it possible?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHatza 

There are some issue... You cannot disable the Submit button.

1. In the Nintex Form, student select a Date. Submit the application

2. WF will check the availability (2/24), if available update the availability (3/24) and send student a confirmation email.

3. If no more slots (24/24) - send student a reject email

I would like the student to see if there are rooms available before submitting the form.
Would it be possible to do what I suggested (without disabling the submit button)?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Your suggestion is good - as students can see the rooms availability.

What happens if 2 or 3 students are viewing the last available spot? Who will get the spot?

Does viewing the availability reserves the room for the student? How long can they hold the room without confirming it?  

You're right, there may be an issue with the last available spot.
Maybe viewing the availability would reserve the room and cancel it if not confirmed within the 10 min.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Using the form to determine availability is more difficult to implement.  

The easier way is to submit the form and let the WF to determine availability and confirm/reject booking as I suggested earlier. 

Hope this helps you.

I can't use WF. Is there a way to proceed without WF?