the file is checked out or locked for editing

• 24 June 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +8
Hi,
I have created a approval workflow which automatically starts when a new item is created. The first thing in the process is to update documents metadata. If I save the document to the library (and the document is NOT closed) the process gets an error with the message "the file is checked out or locked for editing). I have seen a KB articel for blackpearl (which is a code based solution) but is there some known workaround around for this in blackpoint?

Many thanks

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Jochen

The only method I can think of is to set a start rule on the activity just after the Start activity in your process. This should then enable the server to update the file when eventually checked in, this is not a preferred solution as the user adding the item will then have a set time to add the item to the list other wise an error occurs and it is unpracticle to set a start rule of 60 min for example.

Regards

Pieter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained herin does not reflect the view of K2, this is my own opinion