Get sort values when user clicked listview header

• 11 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello

I have a listview that shows list of data when a button named "Search" clicked. Near that button i have another button named "Export" that will navigate to an SSRS report url and show list of data exactly the same with the data in the listview. 

The question is, some time user clicked the listview header to sort the data, and when they clicked export, as expected the report does not have the same sort order with the listview.

Im thinking to get the sort order value as a parameter to the report url, but i dont know how to get sort order value from listview. 

Is there any action or maybe event to get sort order value from a listview?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey KAG,

Unfortunately, there is no out of the box way to get this done, but if you want I can provide you some steps on how you can achieve this with some JavaScript injection.

Cheers,

Ernie

Hi Kag,

Just to confirm, are using a K2 blackpearl version (4.7 and below)? if yes We dont have this feature yet in the K2 Version that you currently have

But this is already shipped in the later versions of K2 like version 5.3,
This can be found when you are using the "Export Lists to Excel function".
Kindly checkout the link below for more details. This information is under the "Considerations"

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#Create/Views/ExportListsToExcel.htm?TocPath=Use%257CSmartForms%257C_____3

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such 
using the 'Best Answer', 'Like' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.