Nintex Mobile Error on Forms Based Authentication

Badge +5

We have an issue with SharePoint and Nintex Mobile. We have some forms already created for Nintex Mobile and want to get them out into the field. However when we published SharePoint to the internet for staff to access they were getting multiple prompts. So we had a form created that allows for users to type in their credentials and then it logs them in with only one prompt, I believe this is done via the firewall. Our firewall is externally managed.

However, we have installed the latest version of Nintex Forms which allows for Forms Based Authentication. But when setting up Nintex Mobile on the device it comes up with the form above.

It then states that the Corporate Account was created on Nintex Mobile

When browsing to the Forms or any other item within Nintex Mobile, we get the error

"An error occurred while requesting data for the accounts. please go to the settings screen to check the error."

When checking the settings screen the message is:-

"The server encountered an unexpected condition, which prevented it from fulfilling the request"

Does anyone know how to diagnose this issue?

11 replies

Badge +4

Hi Stephen,

Can you please confirm following these?

1. Did you enable FBA from Central Administratation?
  2. Can you please check if your firewall is allowing mobile to access FBA end point?

Please go to Nintex Forms Management, it should have a link to manage FBA.

Let me know if any issues, We will look into it.

Regards

Shirin

Badge +5

Hi Shirin

Yes I have enabled FBA. Unfortunately the link to the manage FBA doesn't work from external and it actually does not work internally either.

Badge +1

I Shirin,

I have the different case.

I have enabled FBA in Central Administration and I am able to access <SiteUrl>/_vti_bin/NintexMobile/FBA/NfMobileFbaAppService.svc from my phone's browser.

The Nintex mobile are successfully shows login form, but when I try to login it shows the error message: "Unexpected error occured while processing the token".

Please find below the screen capture:

FBA login form

The error message

My web application is deployed into port 80 and uses Claim Based Authentication (use both Windows Authentication and FBA).

I extend the web application into port 81 that only uses FBA authentication and set Nintex Mobile to connect into port 81, which is only uses FBA authentication.

Do you have any suggestion?

Badge +4

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. It's happening because Nintex Mobile doesn't support mixed mode authentication.

Is it possible for you to extend existing application and do only Form Based Authentication. it will fix the issue.

Let me know how you go.

Regards

Shirin

Badge +4

Hi Stephen,

Sorry for late reply. I just want to confirm following?

1. I know you have mentioned already that you have enabled FBA. Once you have enabled FBA through your SharePoint central administration, you don't need to access that page again. 
  2. Once you enabled FBA, you need to install Nintex Mobile app, and once you entered your site url, it should open FBA page. Just want to confirm, did you get any error while opening that page?

Can you please provide me some screenshots of that App error if you have any?

Please go through this blog -   if you need more information.

Please let me know how you go, we will look into that.

Regards

Shirin

Badge +1

Hi Shirin,

Thank you for your response.

Currently, I have extended my web application into port 81 and uses only FBA LDAP authentication. I have set Nintex mobile to connect into port 81, but still found the same error.

I also tried to modify my web application in port 80 to use only FBA LDAP authentication and connect Nintex Mobile into port 80, but still found the same error.

Badge +4

Hi,

Sorry about your error. Is it possible, if you can please send me the SharePoint logs by email?

Regards

Shirin

Badge +1

Hi Shirin,

The SharePoint log said that "Unexpected error occurred while deleting entry from NM_AuthToken Table. Message: Could not find stored procedure 'NM_DeleteExpiredTokens". I can't find this stored procedure in NintexForms database.

My Nintex Form version is Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.10.1.0 )

Badge +1

Hi Shirin,

Solved now by recreating NintexForms database from Central Administration.

Thanks

Badge +4

Hi,

Good to hear that. Let us know if any questions.

Regards

Shirin

Badge

But if so, AD authentication is not more enabled, right?