Using roles as destination users - proper settings

• 3 February 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

Please forgive me, I know I can research this, but I am in a time crunch and need advice sooner than I can research it. I am having trouble getting the settings correct for using roles as destination users.

What I want to happen: I have a role with 3 users. I want the workflow to route to the three of them. All three of them need to be able to open the task and review it if they want. Only one of them needs to action the task to move the workflow on.

What is happening: The workflow lands in all three user's bins. After one of them opens the task, the other two can no longer see it in their bins. The status is 'Open' for the user that opened it first and 'Allocated' for the other two.

I need it to stay open for everyone until one of them actually actions it. Here are my settings:

- Plan Just Once
- Specifiy the number of slots to be created - 1
- Create a slot for each role and group

Again, I apologize. I know this is something I can research, but I'm in a time crunch and hopefully this is a very easy answer. Thanks much! ~ Kirsten

8 replies

Badge +4

I had a similar scenario, one of the guys here answered the question. You basically set the option as follows for your scenario:

Plan All at once

Create a slot for each user

And in the activity escalation set the all slots to just one slot

This should be what you are looking for.

Badge +10

I think you meant  "Outcome and Succeeding Rule" property and not the activity escalation property.

Badge +3

Thanks all. I'm still struggling with this. I am following the "K2 blackpearl Roles and Advanced Destinations" documentation. My role has three users. I can get it to send all of them a notification. But just as soon as one of them opens the form and closes it (doesn't action the task) the other user status go to allocated and they can't see this item anymore on their worklists. I need one user to be able to open the form, close the form and the others still have the task available to them. THEN, as soon as one of them actions the task, ALL of the task items go away.

Selecting Plan just once - then Specify slots (3), then resolve all roles and groups to users almost got me there. It generated items for each user. When I opened the form only, the status moved to Open for me and and allocated for the others. BUT it also create a new task item Available for the others and they were able to open and action it after I had just opened it. The problem is then after one of them actioned the task, the newly created items stayed on the worklists. If I could get everything to be completed after one person actions it, I think I would be there.

Where's the Outcome and Suceeding Rule property - I'm not seeing that in my activity properties.

Thanks very much! ~ Kirsten

Badge +10

Ok it sound like its the Outcome and Succeeding Rule Property is not set correctly since the default behavior for multiple slots is to require everyone to complete the task which of course is not what you want.  Normally if you right mouse click on the activity that has the client event and select properties the Outcome and Succeeding Rule is the last icon (Since head with a question mark).

Badge +3

OK, I see that. Currently there is a rule that says "All slots of ACTION RESULT = Reviewed by HR. How would I change this. In the Add/Edit Rule pop-up, is this correct:

[First Variable = ACTION RESULT]
[Logical Function = At Least]
[Logical Data = ? 1? One?] >>> what should this be?
[Comparison Operator = "="] and
[Second Variable = Reviewed by HR]

I'm almost there! Thanks so much! ~ Kirsten

Badge +10

Almost have it.  Make sure logical data is set as below and you should be fine after you deploy the new version.

Logical Data = 1

Badge +3

OH. MY. It's working!!! Thank you SO much! I have been struggling with this for a very long time and am so glad to have 1) resolved it and 2) learned something new! ~ Kirsten

Badge +10

Good news.  I'm glad its resolved.