harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

Link unrelated sharepoint lists

Jump to solution

My users want to capture data into a form/s that goes outside of the maximum 276 (text) columns allowable in a sharepoint list. During the workflow, they then want to output all the data captured into a single formatted email. I can only think of the following options, both cause issues that I can't see a solution to.

Option 1:

Break the data into sections and create multiple forms.

Issue: How to link the resultant lists for the single output. How does the workflow know what to look for?

Option 2:

Create repeating sections in a form. Each repeating section would output to a different sharepoint list, which would takes care of the maximum column issue, and the linking issue.

Issue: All forms require attachments associated with every item on the form. And attachments can't be used in a repeating section.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rhia
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Link unrelated sharepoint lists

Jump to solution

I'm combing through posts that need to be set to "answered", and I see this never got a reply - however - 276 columns?! Holy crap! That is a case for a database if I've ever seen one.

I'm curious if this is the approach you've taken. 

0 Kudos
harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: Link unrelated sharepoint lists

Jump to solution

We didn't go ahead with this one as it still needed that many fields to capture the full service and the form was just too big. The workflow was also very large, although I now break down large workflows and call one (or many) workflows from the main workflow, passing variables back and forth. I have used sql tables for other forms, particularly when I want to make the data available to other systems. This form was not a good fit for Nintex forms. 

View solution in original post