Nintex Form - Web Request Action - Dynamic Population

Badge +8

Hello Community,

I have Web Request Actions on my Nintex Form and I would like to get them to populate based on when choices are made.

EX.

1) User picks an option from a Drop Down

2) Drop Down sets a Variable Item ID to a specific ID

3) Web Request then pulls specific data needed out of the Item in the List based on the Item ID variable

I'm doing it  this way because the user is filling out a from for Travel Authorization and is only choosing certain values. Those using look-ups doesn't work due to the amount of filtering I need to do based on what the user chooses from drop down. And to have them pick the filters column after column will make it complicated for them due to the way the lists where created with the data, and the amount of filters that would need to be applied just to get down to the values that would be needed, where with the Web Request i can go straight to the value and pull it. But i want to make the Web Control more dynamic so that instead of populating the values right away when the form gets created it will pull the value based on the user choice.

Currently my URL service is like this : URL/_vti_bin/ListData.svc/<ListName><ID>  with ID hard coded in

Would like and it to be dynamic on user choice : URL/_vti_bin/ListData.svc/<ListName><Variable>  where Variable = ID# based on user choice

Thanks,

Kevin

17 replies

Badge +8

Hope someone else has came across this issue and found a workaround. happy.png

Badge +2

I would like to hear feedback from the community as well on this.  I have similar interests in this subject.

Badge +8

While waiting for a response i was doing some google searching and came across this http://sharepointed.info/theres-something-about-forms/  as a way to do some dynamic pulling form a list.  But it would still be nice to be able web request dynamically on a form.

Not going to mark this as correct for the time being to see if any other responses are put forward or ideas as well.

Thanks,

Kevin

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Kevin,

Yesterday we released Nintex Forms 2.8 (SP2013) and 1.10 (SP2010) which now has ability to pass values into a query from other controls.

The release notes and downloads are available here.

Let me know how you go with the latest version!

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +8

seems that the content you linked is restricted but i think i can find it another way.  Thank you for the update Euan. happy.png

Badge +2

I click on the release notes and I get...  

Unauthorized 

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Badge +2

Will check it out once we upgrade I guess??

Badge +2

Are you getting it while you're using the trial license? I get this unauthorized notice as well. First I thought it was because we only have a trial license and wanted to apply the update, but it seems like I'm not the only one...

Badge +2

We have NINTEX Workflow Enterprise (FULL VERSION), but on the NINTEX Forms Enterprise, we have the TRIAL license.  So maybe that's it... 

Badge +2

I'm wondering how though...when I signed up for the trial I didn't have to create a profile but I just created one now. Unless if Nintex is mapping community users to trials? Could anyone from Nintex clarify please? Thanks!

Badge +8

Its just a bad link to get to the update on it. Nintex Forms Enterprise - SQL Request and Web Service Request enhancement  here is the link to read up on it. Hope this helps you both. It doesn't matter version on Nintex you got to go see the new information for it.

Badge +2

Well, we're fully licensed to use NINTEX Workflows Enterprise, and NINTEX Forms (not the Enterprise), just using the current trial of NINTEX Forms Enterprise, so I expected to be able to access that link since we are fully licensed technically.  IDK?  I'm waiting on others to respond too.  Thanks!

Badge +2

THANKS!!

Badge +2

Thank you! happy.png

Badge +2

I think as far as updates are concerned, I came across this on the support page:

135003_pastedImage_1.png

Might help you (submit a ticket) but I'm out of luck because of having the trial license. Good luck! happy.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble accessing the downloads page, please submit a support ticket at Ask Support and they'll be able to assign you permissions to the product downloads area.

In the mean time check out the release notes for Nintex Forms 2013 and Nintex Forms 2010.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +8

Is anyone having this issue where these controls not showing in nintex forms designer even after upgrading to v2.8?