Solved

Latest update for Nintex Workflow/Forms for SharePoint 2019 throws error

• 9 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I am attempting to apply the latest update for SharePoint 2019, Nintex Workflow and Forms.  During the install process, deploying the nintexworkflow2019core.wsp solution fails.  I am installing this on the Central Admin server with the Farm Account running as local administrator running the update as administrator.

Any clues as to why this is happening?

The error reported is: 

Solution failed to deployed, reason: SP19APP1 : Error: The copying of this file failed: BinNintexWorkflowStartNintex.Workflow.Start.Service.exe.The process cannot access the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions16BinNintexWorkflowStartNintex.Workflow.Start.Service.exe' because it is being used by another process.SP19APP1 : The process cannot access the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions16BinNintexWorkflowStartNintex.Workflow.Start.Service.exe' because it is being used by another process.SP19WEB1 : Error: The copying of this file failed: BinNintexWorkflowStartNintex.Workflow.Start.Service.exe.The process cannot access the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions16BinNintexWorkflowStartNintex.Workflow.Start.Service.exe' because it is being used by another process.SP19WEB1 : The process cannot access the file 'C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions16BinNintexWorkflowStartNintex.Workflow.Start.Service.exe' because it is being used by another process. at: 09/09/2021 07:56:01

icon

Best answer by rei_dipetersen 9 September 2021, 15:57

View original

1 reply

Badge +3

I found something on the internet about stopping the Nintex service on all servers prior to running the update.  Once I did this, the update ran successfully.