SLes
Nintex Newbie

Javascript - Clear Values on No choice selection

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working on a form and cannot seem to get a line of javascript working.  I admit this is my first go at Java and I have done a bit of reading, but don't have a ton of time right now to spend learning it completely (in the future for sure).

I am trying to clear fields based on the user selecting 'No' from a choice field (radio buttons).  I have the following code

NWF$(document).ready(function() {  
 var jsvarChoiceChange = NWF$("#" + varYesNo);
 jsvarChoiceChange.change(function() { 

NWF$("#" + varCheckbox1).find("input:checkbox[value='Test1']").attr("checked",false);
 NWF$("#" + varCheckbox1).find("input:checkbox[value='Test2']").attr("checked",false);
 NWF$("#" + varCheckbox1).find("input:checkbox[value='Test3']").attr("checked",false);

NWFS('#' + varSingleLineTextClear).val('');

var jsvarClearPeoplePicker = new NF.PeoplePickerApi('#' + varPerson);
 jsvarClearPeoplePicker.clear();

var jsvarClearRichText = NWF$('#'+ varMultiLine).closest('tr').find('div[id$="_inplacerte"]');
 jsvarClearRichText.html('');

});

});

This will clear the values from the fields but it willl clear the values even if you pick yes, which I don't want.  The 'varYesNo' is a SharePoint choice column with Yes and No as options, set to a radio button.  I am doing this because the actual form was setup that way and changing it now would be difficult.

I tried the following, but didn't work.

NWF$(document).ready(function() {  
 NWF$('#' + varMainYesNo).change(function(){
 if(NWF$('#' + varMainYesNo).val('No')){

NWF$("#" + varCheckbox1).find("input:checkbox[value='Test1']").attr("checked",false);
 NWF$("#" + varCheckbox1).find("input:checkbox[value='Test2']").attr("checked",false);
 NWF$("#" + varCheckbox1).find("input:checkbox[value='Test3']").attr("checked",false);

NWFS('#' + varSingleLineTextClear).val('');

var jsvarClearPeoplePicker = new NF.PeoplePickerApi('#' + varPerson);
 jsvarClearPeoplePicker.clear();

var jsvarClearRichText = NWF$('#'+ varMultiLine).closest('tr').find('div[id$="_inplacerte"]');
 jsvarClearRichText.html('');

}

});

});

I have searched the web, and here and cannot find or make sense.  Any assistance would be greatful.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tarf
Nintex Newbie

Re: Javascript - Clear Values on No choice selection

Jump to solution

Hi,

your approach with the if is correct, but you are unintentionally setting a value instead of reading it.

You can read the selected option using this:

NWF$("#" + yourChoiceControlVar + " input:checked").val()

So you could change your condition in you if from

NWF$('#' + varMainYesNo).val('No')

to 

NWF$("#" + yourChoiceControlVar + " input:checked").val() === "No"

and it should work only when "No" is selected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SLes
Nintex Newbie

Re: Javascript - Clear Values on No choice selection

Jump to solution

Hi Tarf,

Thank you that worked!  Appreciate the response and help!

0 Kudos