Not applicable

Re: JavaScript To Validate Single Line Field Based On List Lookup Control Value - Nintex Form 2013

Yes. Use regular validation rules like the one I suggested above. It's just JS that won't work.

The one I suggested (copied below) is considered declarative by us even though it uses operands that look like JS. Give it a go. Note that the {Self} token must be selected from the Named Controls tab in the formula, not just typed in. Let us know how you go.

parseLookup(Country)=="Other" && {Self}==""

0 Kudos
harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: JavaScript To Validate Single Line Field Based On List Lookup Control Value - Nintex Form 2013

Ok, so back to what happens when I use the regular validation rules in a mobile app form. Which is really why I posted in the first place.

When I use my rule or now using parselookup, the following occurs:

1. I submit the form from the latest app on an ipad

2. The app kicks me out and closes

3. When I reopen the app, the form is now located in Drafts

4. When I reopen the form in drafts most of the fields have been cleared.

5. Even if I don’t trigger the rule, the above scenario occurs just because it is attached to the form.

So this is why I was wondering if there was an issue with rules in the mobile app forms.

Kind Regards,

Joanne Morris

Technology Systems Analyst

Fleet Technology

Thiess Pty Ltd

179 Grey Street | South Bank QLD 4101

Locked Bag 2009, South Brisbane QLD 4101

T +61 7 3002 9428

M 0409 782 060

E jmorris@thiess.com.au<mailto:jmorris@thiess.com.au>

www.thiess.com.au<http://www.thiess.com.au/>

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Great stuff

0 Kudos
harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

I've since found out there is an issue with Fetch Data. So I'm waiting for the next version of the app to be deployed as the issue is hopefully fixed there.

0 Kudos