How to update an item with a Custom user profile property

Badge +1

To start, I have created a custom User Property (employee number) in Sharepoint, have done the sync with AD and the property has a value. However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to pull it into a list field in a workflow.

I can see in a form how to do so, put i have looked at every action that looks relevant in the workflo builder and can;t for the life of me figure out how to do so.

• If I use Query user profile, I can see the propery I want (employee number), but it wants me to hard code a user to look up. I am need to be able to lookup a user in the current list item.
  • If I use Set Field Value,  and use "Equals: User Profiles", the employee number (or any custom property) does not appear in the Source list.

Obviously, I am complete noob, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +16

Hi

In query user profile, next to where it asks you to specify the user you will see an address book.  Click that and expand the bottom cross "Lookup".  You will see item properties as well as your variables in there to add as the user for the query user profile action.

Thanks
Cassy

Badge +16

did this help Charles Lavin​?