K2 BlackPearl Uninstall Errors

• 9 August 2012
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I was recently attempting to uninstall K2 Blackpearl on our test server, and everything uninstalled except for the K2 for SharePoint component. When I tied to run the uninstaller again to remove K2 for SharePoint, the installer gets about halfway and then stops, giving me an error and the attached Log information.

Can anyone help me figure out what's the problem?

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +9

Hi, this request will be best handled by support, can you
perhaps log a support ticket and then update the thread once you have resolved
this.

Badge +1

You're probably right - I'll go ahead and do that. 

Badge +1

As an update, I was able to get BlackPearl Uninstalled, then Reinstalled via support's help.

This was the support response I recieved:

"K2 will have to be removed from the system using the Setup Manager. Then run application in the attached in 'SourceCode Cleanup Utility.zip' followed by a reboot.

If you still experience issues running the installer, use the instructions in the attached document to remove K2 manually. "

And here's the document:

"How to manually remove K2 blackpearl

Search the registry for string '5CA5B2507AE740900000'. Once the pane on the right contains the PackageCode, ProductIcon amd ProductName, you are in the right place.

Delete all registry keys with substring '5CA5B2507AE740900000' (see selection in screenshot)

As precaution, after deleting these registry keys you can also delete all 'SourceCode' assemblies including the ones in the GAC."

I've attached the Utility.zip, for reference.

Badge +9

Hi, thank you for the update. I have removed the utility from the thread and would suggest if somebody has similar issues to rather contact support team to get the correct steps to follow.

Badge +5

I am facing same issue., can you please tell from where i can get that utility