Migration SmartObject to SharePoint 2013

• 25 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi guys,

I have a new SharePoint site collection in a SharePoint 2013 environment but running in 2010 compatibility mode.

I also registered a 'SharePoint Content' service with the SmartObject Service Tester in order to connect to the site collection.

When I test the smartobject and execute the 'Get List Items' method on any list, the result is always wrong if I try to play with a boolean column.

I tried to put all theses different values but it does not work : "1", "0", "Yes", "True", "False", "No"

Are you aware of this kind of issue ?

Thanks in advance.

14580i18713EC8EE277063.png
13830i41054059242181EC.png

3 replies

Badge +7

Can you post more examples please

Yes

No

True

False

And an example of what your page looks like that is saving the data. 

Thanks. 

I did posted on how to see the value of a checkbox (http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Discover-the-Value-of-a-Checkbox/m-p/83704#M25244)

But the example I posted was in K2 Designer, and using SmartObject - Services - Tester.

I can get results back using1, 0, yes, no, true, false, in the Tester with the data I input. 

My Method to Execute is Get List instead Get List Items.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

I have not had this issue with using a boolean or yes/no smart object property type. When testing it in my environment using true, false, yes, no, 0, and 1 all give me valid results. I tested on a custom smart object as well as a Sharepoint list. 

This leads me to believe it is most likely it is linked to running the site collection in 2010 compatibility mode. Have you tried creating a Sharepoint Service instance instead of a Sharepoint Content service?

Also how is this showing up in sharepoint or even a view? If the checkbox is not checked for your example in the screenshot, does it show as false on a view or in the sharepoint list?

If you can easily reproduce the issue and it persists I would log a support ticket with K2 Support.

-Evan

Badge +2

Thanks guys for your responses.

Sorry for the delay..

I've attached more screenshots :

- The view in sharepoint

- The message error if I try to use a SharePoint service V2 instance instead of a SharePoint Content

- A Screenshot when trying to retrieve the items with the value 'True'

15275i104205050611BF1C.png
17085i1F633F7DD1504AEA.png
12837i0C8771315204917C.png