How to setup K2 Blackpearl to integrate with Office 365 Exchange

• 25 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am busy doing a new install for a client and require some input from the community. We are installing K2 4.7 and the infrastructure of the client is a little complex. I have never done a configuration for Office 365 Online exchange so I have no idea what the EWS URL looks like. 

So currently I am stuck with the following:

Google has revealed that the EWS URL looks the same for all Office 365 Online exchange environments: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/echange.asmx

Trying to Discover the URL doesn't work and only returns with a error stating that the EWS URL could not be discovered.

Manually entering the the URL and testing against it makes the installer hang.

Has anybody dealt with a situation like this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Highveld Support.

3 replies

Badge +15

You can try using Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer tool. Select 'Office 365' tab, and select 'Outlook Autodiscover'. That might provide you with the EWS URL you need. If you need help on reading the results from the tool to obtain your EWS URL, you can always Google for it. I have not use the tool for some time, but I recall it should not be that hard to get your EWS URL from there.

If your client is using Outlook to retrieve emails from Office 365, you can also use Outlook's Test Email AutoConfiguration tool to obtain your EWS URL. Hold Ctrl, and right-click on your Outlook system tray icon, and select 'Test Email AutoConfiguration'. Enter your email and password, check only 'Use Autodiscover' and run the test. The Availability Service Url is your EWS URL.

Badge +1

Hi boringNerd,

Thats for the suggestions I'll give it a try and see what I get. I'll post back here whenif I have made any progress.

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener

Badge +1

Okay so it looks like the client has turned of the autodiscover feature for their Office 365 environment. This has been very helpful and I appreciate the suggestions from boringNerd.

I'll keep posting if people are interested.

Kind regards,

Highveld Support.