When using the Flexi Task, how to set the Workflow task on \In Progress\"

• 29 August 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

A customer mentioned that the Flexi Task is set on 'Not Started', and that this behaviour is not what they need to see. Most tasks can be set on 'In Progress', but the Flexi task jumps from 'Not Started' to 'Completed'. Is there a way to update the flexi task status field. (already tried using update item, but that gives an error on flexi task... works for approval tasks).

2 replies

Badge +3

Hey Rob,

tnx for the input. The workflow is running in a site collection where other flows have been set up. Changing the default value will not be accepted probably. Nevertheless, I'll propose this solution (unless your thinking hat already came up with something better happy.png).

Badge +3

the main reason the update did not work, was an error being thrown when trying to update the flexi task (not with default approvals).

My thinking cap (I do not dare to use the word hat... not enough knowlegde present for that ) advised me to try to add a delay;

- apparantly, the creation of a flexi task is a bit more intensive

- when trying to retrieve the task ID, by default it will fail, since the flexi task isn't completely created yet

- on my 2010 environment, saving the flexi task ID returned a blank value (don't know why... probably 'cos of platform config/issues... but that's out of my control).

Solution:

- added parallel action

- added a RequestID column to the flexi task

- branch 1: flexi task

- branch 2:

• Delay of 1 minute => without this one, it won't work
  • List query on workflow task list on the Request ID = current item ID, which gives me the workflow task ID
  • Update Item in workflow task list where ID = ListQuery task ID => works like a charm