Query List - Internal Name for Field Not Found!

• 12 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I'm trying to look up fields from a list in a different site collection and I'm using the query list action detailed below. When the wf runs I get an error message:

"Failed to query list data. Cannot find a field with internal name 'Project Manager' on list."

I've looked at the list settings, and when I "Edit Column" for the fields that I want to pull I get the exact string for the name from the querystring and that doesn't work either. Can anyone help with this?

216485_pastedImage_1.png

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Is it possible that the field name was originally misspelled and corrected? If so, the original misspelled name will be the internal name. If there is not a great deal of data in the list, can you recreate the field and move any existing ddata to the new field and try to connect to the new field?

Badge +8

Patrick Kelligan‌, there is no way I can recreate the fields as this list as it is the parent to many lookups in the site. I will however do some test to see if I can pull another field. Maybe create a field without spaces and try to pull that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

You could try and get the true internal name by going to list settings, and clicking to edit the field and then when the edit screen is open, look in the URL at the QueryString. If there are spaced or underscores in the name you will need to translate the code ie. %5F for an underscore. That should at least get you on the right track.

Badge +8

I've got it fixed. I needed to specify the same name in the output options (eg: Project_x0020_Manager) as I do in the query. I was using "Project Manager" rather than the encoded internal name.