OpenWorklistItem fails - 4411 NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON is not allowed to open the worklist item

• 23 October 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi

I have a k2 solution integrated with infopath and MOSS 2007. Reading in k2 forum made sure that the OOB k2 process will not make the worklistitem open when infopath is opened and got a workaround to have webservice  to be called with the serial number from the infopath form so that the webservice will make the worklistitem open.

This logic works great when i deploy the code to the same IIS server as k2 server. But when i move the web service code to different IIS than K2 server i am getting the above error.

The settings in my iis are as follows

Anonymous access is disabled in the IIS web server and the web.config has identity impersonate=true.

When i try local from the IIS server the code works but when i call the service from the client it fails with the above error.

my Web Service code is. And the expected behaviour is to make the worklistitem 'open' to the current user opening the infopath form provided the serial number is valid.

SourceCode.K2ROM.

Connection con = new SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection();

con.Open("MyK2Server");

SourceCode.K2ROM.WorklistItem wl = con.OpenWorklistItem(serialNo, "ASP");

any help with be appreciated

thanks & regards

S.Saba

4 replies

Badge +8

Saba, it seems like you have a problem with Kerberos delegation.

In order for it to work you will need some SPN's (Service Principal Names) created for the service account the IIS application pool runs under, and also for the account the K2 server runs under.

There are some articles on this in the kb.k2workflow.com and on Microsoft's site.

Badge +3

Hi Deon

I appreciate your help. Let me check the SPN issue and update you.

regards

S.Saba

Badge +9

FYI, the KB article you'll want to look at is 123 (http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000123.aspx)

Badge +3

Deon, BOB

Thanks guys for the help. It was kerberos and SPN issue and got it solved.

regards

S.Saba