SmartForms Validation when using built-in green "workflow view"

• 31 October 2013
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

When using the "workflow view" provided by K2 for SmartForms when linking with a smartform client event (you know the green section either at the top or the bottom with the action drop-down), how do you perform validation?

I want to make sure users cannot submit the form unless certain fields are completed, but I don't see any rules that would perform this validation other than "after a workflow item is submitted", and by then it is too late.

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

As far as I can see, there's no rules to hitch on to the Workflow View's submit event. You will need to create your approving control (i.e. dropdown or button) to be able to perform validation before submission.

JK

Badge +6

That is disappointing.  There is a lot built in to that view like event name, activity, and so forth.  I want to retain this information but I don't want to have to deal with managing that information for all of my events.

Badge +5

Hi,

If you want to display all those information in the Workflow View, a simple way around will be to install the Worklist Service Broker (http://www.k2underground.com/groups/worklist_service_broker/default.aspx). Create a SmartObject from this service object and you will be able to pass in the SerialNo as a param and retrieve the full information on the worklist item.

Do note that any 3rd party component downloaded from blackmarket is not support by K2, but you can seek help from the Author. Source code is provided for this broker as well =)

JK