limit date picker range for June 15th to August 15th

Badge +3

I am working on a responsive form for summer interns to fill out and I would only like them to be able to pick dates between June 15th and August 15th.  I am new to Nintex and am not sure how to accomplish this.  I assume it is under Use Range Validation within the Date/Time control, but I am not sure how to setup the formula.  Thanks.

5 replies

Badge +12

@Michelle_MOE .....Do you want the calendar to display your date range only or you want to put a validation to check if the date entered is between your desired dates?

If it's the first option then I guess JavaScript will be the only option but then you need to switch to classic form since responsive don't support JavaScript.

If it's the second option then you can use a hidden calculated control to check the date using If statement and based on true or false apply a validation rule on your date control. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Michelle_MOE I would just use the range validation, it will not stop them trying to enter but it will stop them submitting and give them a validation message. You can just hardcode the range like below.6784i58B9CA547DB0C6D9.png

Badge +3

This form will be used every year, so I can't hard code it in with the current year.  Any suggestions?

Badge +3

I guess I would need to use the second option.  Can you give me a screenshot to show me what that would look like?  Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Michelle_MOE If you are unable to hardcode the date, then you will most likely need to use the formula builder(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/4.5.1/#sp2016/Forms/Designer/FormulaBuilder.htm%3FTocPath%3DWork%2520with%2520the%2520basics%7CLearn%2520the%2520designers%7C_____4) in a rule to validate. As an example, the below formula uses the year from the current date to build a date and checks if the date field is greater than the current control. This could be duplicated in a 'lessthan' function and combined with the 'and' function to check against both dates.

6788iBB00D2F0A287020C.png