sojanm
Workflow Veteran

Is it possible to update form data using workflow

I have a situation , I have more then 400 records in list. The list form is using SQL request control which is connected to a text field. Now the data in SQL control is changed (the lookup data is renamed in the lookup table).

Eg. the old data was

1. Division 1

2. Division 2

After modification 

1. Division 1 new

2. Division 2 new

So if I open an existing form the sql request control will be blank. It will be blank even if I update in the list text field with the new data.

Is there a way to update the form data without opening the form one by one.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lakshminarayana
Design Dabbler

Re: Is it possible to update form data using workflow

Hi Sojan Mathew‌,

If you want to update values in only one field for all 200 records in a list, i think you have ready with your data in a excel or somewhere

1. Create a temporary view which allows quick edit mode in your list and use sort by ID and copy paste the data in your list.

2. Create a temporary list field called "Test Number" (single line of text) and Create one list workflow which is having three actions Build String (try to get your new value like "Division 1 new"), set variable and Update Item. After that create a site workflow and try to update "Test Number" with some value ex:1, so that it will run for all 200 records and runs the list workflow for each item.

Make sure to stop other list workflows before running the site workflow.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
sojanm
Workflow Veteran

This only change the data in the list, not the value in form data.

0 Kudos
chaitra_b_c
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Support can you help with this?

0 Kudos