Approval Workflow -you need edit rights?

• 30 September 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have a workflow with an assign flexi task.  When the approver clicks from the email to work the task it gives the follow "SORRY" You need edit rights to the task item to respond.  The sharepoint list has the correct permissions and the workflow task list has the correct permissions.  Am I missing something?  I have even tried the set permission item and that doesn't help me either.  I'm new and could use some help. 

3 replies

Badge +16

Asim Mahmood​ just like your problem - did you ever resolve?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I know this is an older post, but we recently went through a similar exercise. We found that the Nintex form was pulling in files from a resource library at the site root. The issue was the site had broken inheritance permissions and the groups were not at the top level, thus unable to read from the style library.

Also, as ‌ mentioned, the user will also need permission on the task list (whatever one is used) in order to respond to the task.

Badge +4

Using version 3.2.3.2 FYI:

Along these same lines, I too am experiencing issues with flexi-task "approvals" tasks specifically assigned to a user receiving a message stating "Sorry you are not able to view this item" (or similarly worded). They are SPECIFICALLY assigned to this task in the workflow task list and receive this message while OTHER users who are not assigned get the message "You cannot respond to this task" error message due to permissions.

Now going further, when the task is completed (either by time out or by another user) then they CAN view that EXACT same task once SharePoint releases it as complete without ANY specific permissions changes.

Its almost like instead of specifically ASSIGNING its specifically BLOCKING the assigned user (and ONLY that user) from being able to view and work with their assigned task. This to me feels like a bug and it is not working as intended.

‌ if you're still here, I've worked with you in the past but my last tickets I've tried to create have not been going to you... please direct message me if you would regarding this issue. Thank you.