Emails in the Client Event are not sent to users in the roles.

• 14 October 2012
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +11

Hi

I have a strange behavior in k2 1350.

When testing an activity that has a cleint event with Email in it -the second page in the client evnt wizard-; The activity has the destination as Role users who are all from the same domain that k2 is installed on. No emails are sent to the users and the process continues to the next activity.

when checking the host server log file i found the following errors:

---

"17306267","2012-10-13 06:16:41","Error","EventBus","7008","Processing","EventQueueProcessing.ExecuteAssembly","7008 The following error occurred while executing policy for CustomEventInstanceID: 787 : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. : Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering..","anonymous","0.0.0.0","mof1-project:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","17306267","44ca3b4b1347433bab74dd3076db46c5",""
"17306268","2012-10-13 06:16:41","Error","EventBus","7498","General","EventQueueProcessing.Process","7498 An error has occurred: System.Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. : Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering.
   at SourceCode.EventBus.Server.EventQueueProcessing.ExecuteAssembly(Int32 CustomEventInstanceID, Int32 CustomEventID, ResolvedPolicyMapping resolvedPolicyMapping, Boolean isConditional, Int32 eventTypeID)
   at SourceCode.EventBus.Server.EventQueueProcessing.ProcessEvent(Int32 ID)","anonymous","0.0.0.0","mof1-project:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","17306268","6939052be3e94c5f9c93ad623023a2dc",""

---

7 replies

Badge

Hi Bashar

Can you please check if the sender address (from address) is a valid email address mapped with a mailbox in exchange?

Badge +11

Hi

thanks for your reply.

I made sure that the sender address is a valid email address mapped with a mailbox in exchange.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi

What does the destination rule planning look like? AFAIK you will have to resolve all group and Roles to users to get this to work.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +11

Hi

The Destination rule planning is as follows:

On the activity, i went into  advanced mode for the destination rule and made the following changes:

• Plan per destination | All at once
  • Create a slot for each destination
  • Resolve all roles and groups to users

I hope this is true

Badge +4

Hi

" Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. : Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering."

Please check your content filtering settings on your exchange server.

Badge +2

This would be because of firewall settings in the server that are blocking the notifications from being sent

Thanks

Badge +7

The error was thrown from Exchange server end and has nothing to do with configuration from K2 end. The error message is pretty descriptive and it's indicating the emails are rejected by Exchange Content Filter.

To prevent this kind of issue, customer tried the following option:-
1) Change the Spam Confidence Level Thresholds. How to Enable and Configure the Spam Confidence Level Thresholds:-
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995995.aspx
2) Add the specific senders or recipients into the allow list of the Content Filter:-
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa995952.aspx