Cannot send notification when AD group is added to SP group

Badge +3

I need to send notification to a SP group, that contains individual user (A) and AD group (B, C).

I found B and C in the AD group did not receive the notices.

After simplifying my workflow for a testing purpose, I found that AD group inside SP group won't be accepted as recipient. If user B is added directly under SP group, then he received a notice.

Is this Nintex limitation?

Kind regards,

-Naoko

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi ‌,

you are right, AD groups inside SP groups won't receive mails. Although I think this is rather a SharePoint than a Nintex limitation, we would need to test it with a ShrePoint-Designer workflow to be sure.

However, as a workaround I recommend to use a "Query LDAP" action and get all mail adresses from the users inside your AD group (assuming you know the name of the AD group). Afterwards you can use this information to assign tasks or send notifications.

Best Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for the comments.

I will try Query LDAP, then I found that it's not enabled at my sites. I checked under site settings>Action Settings, thinking I failed to enable it at initial config, but Query LDAP was not listed.

Could you advise where I can enable it?

Sorry, newbie here...

Kind regards,

-Naoko

Badge +11

Hi ‌,

you maybe need to allow this action in the central administration first. Go to your central administration page -> Nintex Workflow -> Manage Allowed Actions -> Check the box on "Query LDAP"

If you have no access to your central administration, ask your admin to do this for you or at least to tell you if this action is allowed in the central administration.

Actions that are disallowed via central administration cannot be allowed via site settings.

Best Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Philipp,

All done, thank you!

Kind regards,

-Naoko