[Nintex O365] - A workflow is currently running

• 12 February 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello Nintex users,

I have a main workflow which start many other workflow linked to a state machine.

Is there everyone knew why some of my main workflows turn to the suspended state with the error : "A workflow is currently running. Please wait for it to complete."

I know Nintex have a limit of 3 instant of the same workflow in the same item but, I have only one instance of my main workflow. I think this limit is linked to my problem because the items which have an error have respectively IDs : 230, 233, 236, 239. The intermediates items (231,232...) doesn't have errors.

I'm working in Nintex O365 and I hope your help to resolve it.

Thank you a lot for your time.

176558_pastedImage_3.png

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I suggest you to use the link named Terminer ce flux ....

Badge +4

Thank you Fernando, I will try this but I think it can't work because when the error occured I'm in a state machine so my workflow is planned to be terminated at this moment. I come back to you, to confirm that.

Badge +4

After trying to add "Terminate current workflow" actions on my workflows. Unfortunatly, it doesn't resolve the problem.

I have open a ticket with the support.

When I know more, I will send the response to the community for increase the knowledge base.

Badge +4

Hello everybody,

The Nintex support ticket has been closed, the error has not seen for me since one week. Workflow is currently running was an knwon issue which has been resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have also faced that issue when my workflow went to a point where it tried to start another workflow. The message was appearing as long as the other instance of a workflow that mine was trying to start was active. When I terminate it, message was gone and my workflow got out from "suspended".

Badge +4

I think that I found a culprit happy.png

It is caused by action:

211090_pastedImage_2.png

I triple wink.png checked this in this simple scenario:

211091_pastedImage_3.png

When you use O365 action WF will suspend. If you use "Create List Item" action WF will goes to next action.

So the problem lies somewhere in Nintex engine and they should fix this (or at least tell us why does it work in that way?!?!)