report designer and smartform tutor

Badge +3

Dear experts,

This is my first time creating report in k2,

The concept is :

i want to add new button in a smartforms and add rules inside, when clicking the button i want it shows a report (by passing a parameter from smartform textbox to the report) that i make from report designer.

Is there anyone have tutorial in pdf or something usefull information that i can learn to solve which can help me to solve my problem.

acctually i need the reportcontrol inside the report, the only tool that i know is only k2 report designer (it has paging, export format, and refresh), hopes anyone can share any other tool (coz i also need print button at the reportcontrol)

Thanks,

Musa

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Musa,

Please have a look at the following documentation SmartForms and it's functionality.

http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2smartforms1.0.6/default.htm

partners.k2.com/files/4717

Regards,

Badge +3

Dear Mr.Benn,

is there any tutorial how to connect the smartform and report designer?

Thanks,

Musa

Badge +7

Hi Musa,

You can have a look at the following document:

http://help.k2.com/displaycontent.aspx?id=4957

This learning module describes how custom reports can be created and consumed in K2 blackpearl. We will describe how power users can use the K2 Workspace Report Designer and Microsoft Excel PowerPivot to build re-usable reports against K2 SmartObjects, and how report developers can create custom reports using report design and hosting tools like Business Intelligence Studio and SQL server reporting services (SSRS). It also describes how to expose existing SSRS reports as K2 SmartObjects and how to consume these SmartObjects in a workflow.

Hope this will help!

Kind regards

Nelly

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Musa

I suggest that you have a look at the following documentaion giving a bit insight on the SmartForms Control Pack, this K2 installer gives you additional controls and more functionality with Report Controls being some of them. Please see K2 smartforms Control Pack 1.0 RC  for installation instructions and control definitions and K2 smartforms Control Pack 1.0 Installer.

These controls include:

Input Controls

Choice - Provides the user with the ability to select a single or multiple values from a list of options
Multi-Select - Allows comfortable input of multiple selections of items from a defined number of items
Rich Text - Provides the user with text and graphics interchange
SharePoint Hyperlink - Allows the user to display a hyperlink or picture

Worklist Control (Worklist Control)

Worklist control - available in the Worklist section of the Controls found in the View Designer.

Report Controls (Report Controls)

Report Header - Contains common properties that can be used to filter Charts or Grids added to the View
Activity Instance Chart - Graphic display of workflow activities according to the specified filter criteria
Activity Instances Grid - Lists all activity instances of a workflow according to the specified filter criteria
User Performance Chart - Graphic display of users who have participated in the selected activity according to the specified
filter criteria
User Performance Grid - Lists the users who have participated in the selected activity with activity data according to the
specified filter criteria
Workflow Data Grid - Lists all Data Fields per workflow instance according to the specified filter criteria
Workflow Duration Chart - Graphic display of the average duration of workflow instances over time according to the
specified filter criteria
Workflow Instances Chart - Graphic display of workflows according to the specified filter criteria
Workflow Instances Grid - Lists all workflow instances according to the specified filter criteria
Workflow References

Kind Regards

Raymond