Required field for create error

• 2 August 2012
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I have a form that gets a RequestID passed in to its parameters.  The form loads up and displays the appropriate information based off of the RequestID getting passed.  I have a button on the form that will fire the Create method of one of my views.

I recieve the following error message when I attempt to save..
The following fields are required to Create:
- RequestID

I went back and ensured that on the create method I hit configure and assigned the RequestID input property to the form Parameter that holds the RequestID.  Any ideas why it thinks it's not been provided?

4 replies

Badge +4

Are you certain the parameter is actually getting set? Are you specifying the parameter in the form URL ie (Run this form with parameters) or is it coming from another form via a "Navigate to this form" rule?

EDIT: Also, I see you mention that it's calling create on one of your views. Is it a List view? Have you run the rule "Apply changes to current editable list row" before calling create? If not, the data you try to commit will likely be blank.

Try running the form in debug mode (append &_debug=2) to the end of the URL and re-run your form/button. From here, click the "Show Log" button in the top right corner then double click the "X" next to the SmO call. You can see the complete broker package that was sent to your SmO; is the parameter set? If so, try this same SmO call from the SmO tester tool.

HTH,

Tyler

Badge +2

Thanks for the quick response.  The form is getting loaded via a SmartForms Client Event in my workflow.  I pass in the parameter there, and it's going into the url yes.  I tried adding the &_debug=2 to the end of the url for the form and the log shows up (very cool).. However the page just sits there trying to load the info into my read only view and never finishes loading.

Without adding the debug to the end of it, the view that is displaying request information is showing all the correct information so I know that it is being passed in to the form and it's being used.  The parameter field that is used to load that view is the same one I used when I configured the Create method so if it worked for one view, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for the other.

EDIT: I'll see if I can get a couple of screen shots up that will help.

Badge +2

Here is the view coming up normally.  You can see the RequestID in the url.  The read-only view on top has used the RequestID to populate correctly...

Here is my create configuration showing that I'm using the parameter that is being used by my read-only view..

Badge +2

Forgot to update this with my resolution.  So I ended up hardcoding an ID in the RequestID field for the Input Mappings.  Then it worked.  Next I went back and changed it back to the property and now the form works great.  Not sure why it didn't like the parameter the first time, but just glad it works.