Add New SharePoint List Item from a different SharePoint List Form

• 27 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have SmartForm for a SharePoint list for Onboarding new Vendors.  I also have another List for Vendors. When the Onboarding smartform is executed the user will either select an existing Vendor from the drop down list or click a button to add a new vendor in the vendor list. When the New Vendor button is clicked I need to have a SubForm for the New Vendor smart object display so the new vendor can be added. This part works, but I neet to be able to retrieve the vendor name so I can populate it in the Vendor drop down in the Request form this option doesnt seem to be available to return values and continue with the rule. I'm new at this so I'm hoping for some direction on how best to achieved this functionality. When an existing vendor is selected from the dropdown list the vendor information is retrieved and populated inthe request form fine... I' wondering if im going about the the wrong way, using the wrong logic and actions...

Thanks in advance...

1 reply

Badge +15

Hi,

It seems like you are in the right direction. Just make use of the SmartObject generated from your Vendor list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you are trying to ask is, after adding a new Vendor, how do you populate that new Vendor into the drop down list in your Request form?

The drop down list control should be using your Vendor SmartObject as its sources. So all you need to do is trigger a rule to reload the drop down list. There should be rules that can detect certain events that are triggered from your subform. Make use of that, so that when you close your subform, you reload the drop down list control.