Can I launch a Nintex Workflow from the Site Home Page?

• 13 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

I created a Nintex Form within a Nintext Workflow under option Workflow Settings > Edit Start Form > Edit with Nintex Forms.

Now, I would like to create a button or link on the home page to launch the workflow.  I do not want to attach the form to the List, because I do not want the form to launch without the workflow.  Does this make sense?

Is it possible to launch the workflow from a link or button on the Home page?  If so, how would I do it?

Thank you.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

navigate to the workflow start form manually on your own and grab the link from address bar.

then you can use it for link or button

Badge +9

Or insert Nintex Forms 'Start Site Workflow' webpart into page where users should start workflow.

Badge +7

Manfred,

That would be a perfect solution but after I added the webpart, message says "Cannot find workflow association".  Is that because the workflow is tied to a specific list?  If so, how do I create a workflow that is not tied to a list?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Sorry to rewind everything to 0 but what do you mean with you do not want to to attach the form to the List, because you do not want the form to launch without the workflow?

Basically if you want to combine the workflow with the form you'd create the list form and also a list workflow and set the workflow to start whenever items in the list are being created and/or updated (which would only be possible by using the form). Isn't this the constellation you need?

You could also go through the gear-menu and create a site workflow with a custom start form but as you need to store the data into a list, I think you should follow the first approach.

To bring everything on your site home page you would either grab the "new item" url of your list (approach 1) or the start workflow url of your site workflow (approach 2) and place it on your site home page.

Kind regards,

Enrico.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yes, that's the reason.

the webpart can only show site workflows and it doesn't find any.