Request data stuck in \In Progress\" status"

• 14 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I created a workflow with a request data activity in a site.

After I saves this site as template and used it to create a new site, the workflow in this new site get stuck in the "in progress" status after the user respond to the task.

If I go to the designer and publish the workflow, the workflow works normaly.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to automatically publish all the workflow of a site?

Thanks a lot

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi ‌,

When you search for this on the Internet, you will see that many people experience issues with workflows included in a site template (via save as site template).

That's why I use

1. export/import of workflows (based on a manual) when the number of subsites is limited.

2. a list to create new subsites and then publish the workflows (with a Nintex workflow on the list) via the Nintex webservice workflow.asmx and the method 'PublishFromNWFXML'. The to be published workflows are exported and placed in a separate document library. The Nintex workflow feature has to be activated in the template site and then the site must be saved as site template.

Cheers,

Rick

Badge +1

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your aswer.

I already use a list to create new subsites.

Could you show me how to use the nintex webservice in this case?

Thank you very much,

Jean-François

Badge +8

2 actions are needed to publish a workflow:

1. Query XML

2. Call web service

Query XML

This is to read the exported workflow into a variable (Multiple lines of Text). In the screenshot below, the exported workflow was placed in the document library 'NintexWorkflows'.

Call web service

This is to publish the workflow. In this case to the document library 'Documents'. The variable 'Url' is the url to the subsite!