IPC Server Event Does Not Kick Off Child Workflow Off and No Errors

• 16 October 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem in my production environment and I cannot figure out what is causing the problem. We have a process that has been running for over a year now and it has an IPC Event that kicks off a child process.Yesterday I noticed that the IPC Event has not been working since 09/29/08. When I look at the process instances there are no errors and the IPC event appears to have been kicked off, but it actually wasn't kicked off. On 09/28/08 I moved a new version fo these two processes to production but then on 10/01/08 we reverted back to the old version. I have a feeling this has somehting to do with why the IPC Event is not working, but there are no errors in the Event Log, in the Service Manager, etc. I moved the production process to our test environment and was able to duplicate the problem. When I moved the process to our development environment the IPC Event worked properly. I've also tried running in Console Mode on our k2Test sever but when I run in Console Mode I get the following error: "Error 4114 Sql initialization failed, retrying in 10 seconds". I also get this error when I try to run in Console Mode on our K2Dev server. I haven't been able to try running in Console Mode from our K2 production server since it is a produciton server. The users are able to kick off the child process without having to go through  the parent process and this is working.

As a result of reading some other posts about this problem I've tried the following:

1) Compared the K2Server.config files on each server and they all appear to be the same.

2) Compared the Properties in the service manager and everything matches.

3) Added a new activity after the activity that kicks off the child process. The new Activity has an empty default server even and it's Start Rule is set to Start 1 minute after planning.

4) Checked the Event Log on each Server but found no errors relating to this issue.

5) Compared permissions for each process and everything was the same.

Can I get some assistance on this problem? This is a produciotn issue and it needs to be resolved quickly. I would like to speak to someone on the phone if possible.

Thanks,

Holly Myers

2 replies

Badge +10
That is an odd one, but being that this is a production issue and has the potential to take a while to troubleshoot via the forum, I would suggest opening a ticket with support. Those guys are smart and can probably figure this out pretty quick by talking you through stuff.
Badge +2

Hi.

We are having the same issue on our production environment. There are no errors logged.

Have you had any luck with fixing this?

Would appreciate any help.