Not applicable

Include current workflow overview on element DispForm

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just started working with Nintex some days ago. Unfortunately I haven't found a way for the following problem. I try to insert the current workflow overview of the current element (with the current workflow action highlighted) on the DispForm(.aspx) of the element.

The overview I'm talking about is normallay accessible like this through the context menu of the element and results in an URL like this:

../NintexWorkflow/Preview.aspx?ListId=ad4cc94a-6ad7-4dfb-ac8b-15194ab8ca68&Running=false&ItemId=15&WorkflowId=973030df-9b59-42bc-9565-f297e83b5f07&mode=Runtime&InstanceId=88743dfb-1c40-4ebf-8ce7-08c118eceb50

There seems to be no WebPart from Nintex that would show the same thing (graphically). Also as the instance ID and other parameters are dynamic I cannot create an IFRAME showing the page.

Any ideas how to achieve this or must I wait for a future version? 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jackgelo
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Include current workflow overview on element DispForm

Jump to solution

Hi,

you could set an item property to that URL using Nintex Workflow (using common reference Workflow Status URL), than you can customize your form to read that property and create an iframe that points to that URL..could it be a good method for you?

Giacomo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Include current workflow overview on element DispForm

Jump to solution

I was able to save the URL to the workflow status in a field of the current item by a Nintex Workflow. We don't have Nintex Forms but another product that can read out properties dynamically and so I used it to first display the page in an IFRAME.

So this seems to work but unfortunately the page that renders also has the full SharePoint chrome around it (navigation, site logo etc.) - I added "&IsDlg=1" to the URL for the IFRAME but that results in the content being only 300 px height and having some space on top and bottom. Of course I can now work from this on and remove the unwanted stuff with jQuery or load the whole content with jQuery.load() and paste it inside another DIV (including importing Nintex CSS and JS "manually").

So you're solution is surely correct Giacomo. I hope there will be a Nintex-WebPart one day that eases the implementation of this use case.

0 Kudos