Bug: Duplicate UDA Menu

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I created a new UDA today, and when I went to use it, I noticed that it created a new UDA menu item.  All my older UDA's are under the original menu, where the new UDA is under the new menu.  Anyone ever experienced this before or know why this would happen?  I'm using Nintex  Workflow 2013 v3.1.10.0 with SharePoint 2013 on premise. 

Duplicate UDA Menu

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I think I figured it out.  For my older UDA's, the Category field has the value "User defined actions".  For any new ones I am creating, it is now in title case "User Defined Actions."   Now why it's doing that, I'm not sure.  Is this a setting that can be changed for the whole environment?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Could anyone out there that has access to the Nintex global settings tell me if under the Manage UDA settings, you can change the default category value for a UDA?

Badge +16

had a quick look and nothing under global settings for this.

are you sure this isn't something that you type yourself?

Badge +16

help on it definitely implies that you specify the category - not sure where the default value comes from but can't see it in CA.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You can manually change the category in the UDA, but there is a default value to start with.  Just curious, in your environment, how is the default value spelled for a UDA?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Ok, thanks for checking.  I discovered we did upgrade our version of Nintex about a month ago, so it may be something related to that.  I put in a request to support. 

Badge +16

User defined actions as per the image

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

That's what mine used to be.  What version of Nintex are you running?

Badge +16

Version: 3.1.6.0 - English

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

So I'm guessing somewhere between 3.1.6.0 and 3.1.10.0 which we just upgraded to, it changed. 

Badge +7

As I'm in a French environment, I can tell you that it's probably due to the globalization of this category label. Before the version you mentioned, all our UDAs were under "User Defined Actions" category. Since, all are under the french translation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

So essentially we've narrowed it down that somewhere between version 3.1.6.0 and 3.1.9.0. the category for UDA's was changed from "User defined actions" to "User Defined Actions".  And since the menu items are case sensitive, it creates a new grouping for UDA's.  Not a bug, just a change.  happy.png

UPDATE:  I received word back from Nintex Support that this change occurred in 3.1.9.0.  So if you are upgrading from a version prior to 3.1.9.0, be aware you will see this change.