Populate field based on dates selected prior to submitting

• 26 October 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I’m relatively new to Nintex forms so bare with me on my terminology. I created a form where the user needs to input a departure and return date. Based on the dates selected, can a field populate prior to submitting? Meaning if someone was to select days 10/27/2017-10/29/2017 can each individual date then populate in a field below so the user can then give specifics on each date?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you provide more info on design of your form and what fields should be (pre)populated?

are they standalone fields or are they in repeating section?

Badge +2

The dates are unfortunately not prepopulated. The user would input a departure date and return date. These are 2 separate categories on the list I created (not a repeating section) that are connected to these fields

Based on the dates selected, I would like to have a text box where it will show the departure date and return date selected prior to submitting the form (meaning if I selected 10/31/2017 in the departure date section, it would show 10/31/2017 in a different section). Seeing that the form hasn't been submitted yet, I don't know if it's possible to populate information from one field to another.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you really want to populate text that needs javascript code.

but if it is just to display selected value on a different place, you could use calculated value control. that would be much easier and straightforward.