Filter drop down based on another drop down and a separate calculated value

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All,

Nintex 2013 on-prem

Nintex Form version 2.7.0.0

I've attempted the following. Yet even when I take the solution in isolation I can't get it to work. My 'hidden field' doesn't get populated.

Can you filter a drop down list based on another drop down list value and a separate calculated value. I've also looked at ordinary cascading lists, but I can't get it to work either in this case.

Thank you.

Andrew

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Andrew,

Can you post your javascript? That might help us help you!

I've also looked at ordinary cascading lists, but I can't get it to work either in this case.

Can you elaborate on what you tried and how it failed?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Courtney,

Doh! I'll start with the basics:

Based on the following post. (yes it's based on 2 choice on controls - I'm seeing if I can replicate it as per the post, then hopefully replace one choice with a single line of text, which is actually just showing a variable value).

1st choice control

2nd choice control

Hidden Field - SLT

Resulting Output

Custom JS - Code

Task List

TaskList HelperColumn

3rd Choice Control - to show HelperColumn value

If I change the action when no filter applied to show all values, all my title items from list are show. Therefore the control itself is working/connected to list.

Thanks

W

Badge +10

Hi Andrew,

If the control is in hidden mode , java script will not set value. Try without hiding the control that you take the value to filter.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Sojan Mathew‌,

Although the original post mentioned hiding the "HiddenField" I've not got it hidden, either via a rule or other another way.

Thanks

Nintex Form version is 2.7.0.0

Andrew

Badge +10

Hi Andrew,

The concatenated value is not visible on form that you posted above.

So the concatenated value should be BBRegular, is it displayed on the form properly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Yes I can see that the concatenaed value is not showing. That's the problem. I don't know why it's not showing.

I can do an ordinary calculated value and individually the values from each drop down are being presented. The JS code, doesn't appear to be either seeing the values and/or concatinating the values together, therefore the lookup isn't working.

Andrew

Badge +10

Try NWF.FormFiller.Functions.ProcessOnChange(NWF$("#" + HiddenField));

after setting the value

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks for your help. I couldn't get this to work. Ended up having to get a JS whizz in. He's got it to work. It's a few more lines than above. Not sure I'm allowed to share his script....yet.